The Many Benefits of In-Home Care
- Generally, in-home care leads to a higher satisfaction with life, even when frailty is a factor.
- Home care, done correctly, allows dignity, independence and maximum comfort for the care recipient.
- Home care promotes healing. Research demonstrates that patients heal more quickly and comfortably at home versus in a hospital or nursing home setting and there is significantly less chance of re-hospitalization when recuperation is at home. (Avalere Study 2008)
- Home care supports and keeps families together. Families tend to stay more involved with the care and maintain closeness with their loved one.
- Home care can offer personalized care tailored to the needs of the family and the individual on any given day, whether that need is as simple as company and conversation or more complex, as in needs with personal care.
- Home care services are delivered one-on-one, assuring more private attention than a nursing home or a facility. There is no “waiting for one’s turn” when care is needed.
- Home care is usually cheaper than costs for a nursing home or even assisted living. A good rule is that 8 hours a day or less of home care will be less expensive than moving elsewhere.
- A home caregiver produces healthy and nutritional meals that appeal to the individual and can also keep a close eye on the amount of food eaten.
- A personalized daily exercise program can be implemented and followed through, with the added safety of a qualified professional being present.
- One can never underestimate the benefit of the familiarity of home, whether that be just enjoying a favorite chair or enjoying the daily cup of tea in a familiar corner.
- Home care offers accompaniment on transportation to and from various appointments, social activities or errands, allowing families more free time together as well as additional peace of mind.
When safety is an issue, it is vital not to wait to start assistance in the home. What could have been a few hours of caregiving in the home to prevent a fall or medication error, could potentially end up in a hospitalization which could have been prevented. A 4 Seasons Registered Nurse can help evaluate the need for care assistance and develop a plan to ensure the safety and well-being of every individual.
To learn more, please Contact Us or call us at 770.419.5652.