Care for Stroke Patients at Home
The transition from hospital or skilled nursing to home after a stroke is challenging on the patient and the family. The first several days take time to settle in to a new routine. That’s where we can help.
Working with the family and the home health physical therapists, we can make the transition more comfortable and help prevent an unnecessary return to the hospital. Our Certified Nursing Assistants can help stabilize new life at home and support rehabilitation to regain use of as many capabilities as possible.
The benefits of consistent care include:
- Support of the limited physical and occupational therapy sessions from Medicare home health agencies
- Cognitive stimulation with guidance of licensed therapists to improve skills
- Patient assistance and teaching in bathing, grooming, dressing and feeding
- Prevention of secondary symptoms associated with inactivity such as stiff joints, falls, bedsores and pneumonia
- Restoration of abilities to perform independent activities as soon as possible after the return home
Mental and physical stimulation are important components to stroke rehabilitation. Our caregivers are there to assist in all of these areas for a faster recovery.
Give us a call and we can explain how we work with stroke clients to
maintain and improve their quality of life.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP…PLEASE CALL US AT 770.419.5652